Sooner or later, each parent faces a dilemma: where to buy a car seat and which model to choose? In good brick-and-mortar stores, you will find qualified employees who will assist you in order for you to make a well-thought decision, tailored to the needs of your little one. In turn, while shopping online, you can make a purchase quickly and conveniently, without the need to leave your home. So which of these solutions is better and more recommendable? You will find the answer in the text below!
- Why is choosing a proven store so important when buying a car seat?
- Where to buy a child car seat?
- Advantages and disadvantages of shopping in a brick-and-mortar store
- Where to buy a car seat – advantages and disadvantages of online shopping
Why is choosing a proven store so important when buying a car seat?
Before we answer the question of where to buy a car seat, we need to present some simple facts: many parents still underestimate the role of a seat that is tailored to the size of the child. So, instead of focusing on choosing the best (and safest) solution for a small passenger, they prefer to spend most of their budget on, for example, a high-end pram. After all, you will be able to use such a pram for many years, and the child will grow up eventually, won’t it?
Furthermore, if your child does not need the best quality car seat, perhaps it is worth saving a little and taking advantage of the ever-present promotions available at discount shops and supermarkets? It may not be the best car seat on the market, perhaps it will not be a perfect fit for the child, certainly, it will not give your child overall protection during dangerous road incidents. “It won’t happen to us, for sure” – this approach is most common. Admit it: sounds familiar?
Unfortunately, such an attitude can really cost you a lot. Rather than bargain hunting when choosing a seat, consider how important the role it plays really is. A sale-price seat, bought while grocery shopping “because it was in a promotion” is a terrible solution. You have to pay for quality and safety. It is worth treating the car seat as an absolute priority and a necessary purchase.
If you are aware of this, you are probably asking yourself where to buy a car seat. Where can you hope for the best quality products? Where can you get professional help and advice on choosing a car seat and matching it to the car? You can choose between the two options presented below.
Where to buy a child car seat?
When choosing a car seat for your child, you have 2 options: go shopping in a professional, dedicated salon, or purchase it online. It should be noted that we do not mean auction and sales sites where you can buy anything – the risk of finding a damaged or non-original seat is very high in this case. Instead, choose trusted and proven online stores.
Advantages and disadvantages of shopping in a brick-and-mortar store
The pros of buying a car seat in a brick-and-mortar store
- Comprehensive help and professional advice – employees of dedicated car seat sales outlets know their job like no other people. You will receive a number of tips and proper advice on choosing the best car seat for your child. You will learn how to properly install the selected seat and what are the basic differences between the different models.
- Guarantee of getting an original product – a physical shop always guarantees the purchase of a car seat from a reliable source.
- Being able to check if the selected seat fits your car – matching the seat to the child is of course the most important thing, but it is also important to make sure that the selected seat model fits easily in the car you are driving. While shopping in a brick-and-mortar store, you can do it on the spot, right away.
The cons of buying a car seat in a brick-and-mortar store
- Limited choice – it may happen that the perfect car seat for your toddler will not be in the selected store. This in turn means that it must be ordered from stock or that you must go to a different location to make the purchase. The purchase will, therefore, be extended over time.
Where to buy a car seat – advantages and disadvantages of online shopping
The pros of buying a car seat online
- Convenience, convenience, and comfort again – you turn on the computer, enter the website of the selected online store and you are already one step away from buying the best car seat for your child.
- A huge selection of car seats – online stores have the advantage over physical shops in that their offer is often much richer. Browse the seats at will and choose from a variety of sizes, configurations, mounting methods, and many other parameters.
- The professional assistance of specialists – as in the case of purchasing in a brick and mortar store, in this case you also can ask questions about the selected seat. You can ask everything: from adjusting the seat to the child’s height and weight, to marking the standards appearing in product descriptions, ending with the compatibility of a given model with your car. At avionaut.com, however, we go a step further – on our website you will find the Knowledge Base, which contains answers to the most frequently asked questions and doubts, expert advice, and a number of tips for the proper use of car seats. On the official Avionaut YouTube channel, you will find instructional videos that will guide you step by step through the assembly process of each Avionaut seat available for purchase in our store!
- More favorable offers than in physical stores – if you are wondering where to buy a car seat at the lowest possible prices, take a look at the offers in online stores. The prices there are often noticeably lower than in the case of purchases in a traditional showroom.
The cons of purchasing a car seat online
- No possibility of trying a selected seat with an individual child and car – this is actually the only major disadvantage of online shopping. The car seat must ALWAYS fit the car in which the child is going to travel. The same applies to adjusting the seat to a particular child – except for baby seats (0-13 kg / 40-85 cm), where it is not possible to try it on a toddler during pregnancy. If you choose the wrong seat, you can of course return it without any problems and choose a different model.
Where to buy a car seat: in a brick-and-mortar store or online? If you have a specialized store nearby, where you can count on professional help from an experienced seller, use their services. Thanks to this, you will be absolutely sure that the seat fits both your child and the car. If there is no such place in your area, decide on online shopping – however, first do some solid research to know what to look for. Our Knowledge Base will help you with this task.